Search all help topics
By continuing to browse our site, you consent to our placing cookies on your computer (unless you have chosen to disable them via your browser).
We respect your right to privacy and are committed to maintaining it. We only collect, store and process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988, the Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003 and the ePrivacy Regulations 2011 (S.I.336 of 2011).
- What information might be held about me?
Information that you have provided to us including but not limited to when you:
- purchase products through the Website, over the phone, through store kiosks and/or store till points
- submit rate and reviews
- use Debenhams applications on Facebook
- use the Debenhams mobile shopping application
- enter competitions, prize draws or promotions which we are promoting
- join the Beauty Club reward scheme
- sign up to marketing/newsletters including by email and SMS
- use our customer services web-chat facility
- Information you provide our partners and when you report a problem with the website.
- Information you provide to us when applying through the Website for registration, subscribing to any of our services or requesting further services.
- If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Information we collect using cookies stored on your device. Please see the section on cookies for more information and how to manage them.
- Your IP address
- Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources, advertisements and linked sites that you access.
- Information provided to us by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you
Information we request and hold includes but is not limited to the following:
- Your name, age, date of birth, sex
- Billing and delivery postal addresses
- Phone and fax numbers
- Email addresses
- Usernames and passwords
- Payment card details
- Browsing and shopping activities
- Your customer queries
We, or third party data processors who act on our behalf, may use the personal data you provide us in the following manner:
To provide you with the requested goods and/or services including but not limited to processing and fulfilling your order and administering promotions such as competitions and prize draws.
- To monitor and improve the services and the Website
- To manage your marketing preferences.
- To contact you if there is a query regarding your order.
- In the event that you purchase goods on the Debenhams' website, you may be sent an email requesting whether you would like to review your product.
- To verify your identity.
- In certain circumstances in order to process your order and to verify your identity, we may call your provided telephone number you have provided to perform security checks and to request that you verify certain information.
- Market research purposes
- To enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements;
- In the detection and prevention of fraud or other crimes.
- To assist with any of your customer queries
- For research, analysis, risk management, legal, accounting, administrative, testing, monitoring and for our business operations.
- To provide an e-Receipt for a store purchase.
Unless you have not consented to, we may use your personal data in the following manner:
From time to time, to inform you by post, email, SMS or other available means, of products, services, promotions and special offers from our retail channel and Debenhams plc Group of Companies.
We may disclose personal data we collect to third parties in the following manner:
- All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer and we may share your personal information with such third parties as are necessary to enable us to do such checks. The third parties, which may include credit reference agencies, may keep a record of the information provided.
- To administer your account and to disclose your details to our third party service providers for the purpose of processing and fulfilment of your order.
- We may pass your personal data to other companies to support our business operations, and or audit purposes.
- We may disclose your personal data where it is necessary to comply with any applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
- We may pass on non-personal aggregated information about sales and website usage to reputable organisations for research or analysis purposes only.
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of the Debenhams plc Group of Companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- We do pass your details to Debenhams' approved Customer Service centres, who adhere to the Data Protection Acts 1988 and the Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003, and who will use this data solely for the purpose of answering your customer service queries.
- We may pass your information to third parties in order to fulfil and/or despatch your orders. The third party provider may send marketing material within the parcel or by post after fulfilment of your order.
Transferring data internationally
By using and/or shopping on the Website you consent to the transfer of your personal data to third party data processors located in countries outside of the European Economic Area ('EEA').
Payment Card details
We process your payment card details in order to complete your purchase that you made through the Website, mobile applications and the kiosk, and may in certain instances disclose your personal data to third party credit reference agencies to perform credit checks against you.
We have partnered with various trusted third party companies to provide goods and services to you. Such goods and services can be accessed through links on the Website to the third party company's microsite. A microsite is a website which is owned and operated by a third party company but is Debenhams branded. Please note that these microsites may be governed by their own terms and conditions and privacy policies.
You may opt out from any email marketing by using the unsubscribe links at the bottom of the marketing emails.
You may opt out from any SMS marketing by using the suppression codes located on the marketing text messages.
Phishing is a method used by fraudsters to deceive someone into giving sensitive information. Most of the time phishing will take the form of emails, which purport to be from well-known companies and ask recipients to send their private information. This information is then used for identity theft and fraud.
Debenhams will only ask you to send personal details by email if it is responding to a query you have sent it online and these details are needed to answer your query properly. In this case, there will be a unique reference number in Debenhams' email to you, which refers to your original query. Debenhams will never ask you to send any personal details by email unless you have contacted Debenhams first. If you have not contacted Debenhams, please ignore any email claiming to be from Debenhams which asks for personal details, and let us know about it.
If Debenhams ever requires your personal information other than when you have already contacted Debenhams with a query, for security reasons we will ask you to give us a call.