Search all help topics
- What is the returns, exchange and refunds policy?
Subject to exceptions, Debenhams is happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 28 days of delivery, for Click & Collect orders the 28 days starts after you have received your 'Order Ready for Collection' email. Your refund will be credited to the original payment card, if you have used a Debenhams giftcard your refund will automatically be credited to the original gift card. Please note if you wish to exchange your item(s), this can only be done in a Debenhams store. We are unable to offer exchanges if you return your item(s) to Debenhams via the post, through Parcelshops or via a courier.
Unwanted goods must be returned in a fully resaleable condition and any tags must be intact. Extra care must be taken when trying on clothing, please ensure you are not wearing any make up, fragrance or deodorant that may leave a scent or mark. We reserve the right to refuse an exchange or refund if goods are not returned in a saleable condition or are damaged.
- How can I return items?
If you have purchased online you can return items in store, in the post or via Parcel Motel. A collection service is available for Tripp Luggage returns only.
If you have purchased in store you can only return items back to store.
- Can I return items to a store?
You can exchange or refund your online order at any ROI Debenhams store immediately. Once your refund has been processed it can take your card provider 3 to 5 days working days to credit your account. Refunds will be processed to the original payment card.
To return to store simply present your goods and despatch note at any service centre and one of our advisers will process your exchange or refund or help you order a new item. If you do not have the original payment card with you, the adviser will offer you an exchange or a refund onto a Debenhams gift card.
For all furniture and rugs, please see How do I return furniture?
- How do I return items to store?
To return to store simply present your goods and despatch note at any service centre and one of our advisers will process your exchange or refund or help you order a new item. If you do not have the original payment card with you, the adviser will offer you an exchange or a refund onto a Debenhams gift card. Please note we are unable to process a refund onto a card without the cardholder present, even if it is their spouse who is presenting it.
If you have lost all possible proof of purchase you will need to return your item in a local Debenhams store where you will only be able to exchange your purchase for other products (exclusions apply). Please keep in mind that this can only be done if the tags are still attached and the product is identified as Debenhams product.
- How do I return by post?
You can return items to us by post using the freepost returns address label with your despatch. Items returned by post can take up to 10 working days to reach us once you have posted the parcel. Once you have posted the parcel, items can take up to 10 working days to reach us. When your refund has been processed it can take your card provider 3 to 5 days working days to credit your account.
Note: All Furniture items are also excluded from this service.
In order to avoid unnecessary delays in processing your refund, ensure you use the correct label and follow the instructions carefully.
How to return items using the Freepost label:
- Print out the correct Freepost Royal Mail label - Download returns label here.
The returns label is available for the following departments:
Womenswear, Women's Accessories, Lingerie, Health & Beauty, Home, Menswear, Men’s accessories, Kidswear, Toys and Gifts, Gift food, Sportswear and Small electricals.
- Repackage the goods into the original packaging.
- Complete the returns form enclosed in your parcel, indicating your reasons. Enclose within the parcel.
- Attach the Freepost returns label to the outside of the parcel. Take the parcel to a Post Office and obtain a proof of posting.
- Retain your proof of posting until you have received your refund.
- Print out the correct Freepost Royal Mail label - Download returns label here.
- Is there anything I can't return in the post?
You can return most products by post excluding the following which must be return via courier. Click on the product type below to view further courier information:
- How do I return via Parcel Motel?
You can return items to us via Parcel Motel, free of charge. Items returned via Parcel Motel can take up to 10 working days to reach us once you have dropped off you're parcel. When your refund has been processed it can take your card provider 3 to 5 days working days to credit your account. Note: All Furniture items are excluded from this service.
How to return items using Parcel Motel:
- Repackage the goods you'd like to return into the original packaging.
- Complete the returns form enclosed in your parcel, indicating your reasons. Enclose this within the returning parcel.
- Sign in or create an account with Parcel Motel.
- Choose Debenhams as the retailer you wish to return to.
- Select the locker size required based on the size of the parcel you are returning. See Parcel Motel for details on locker sizes.
- A returns label will be emailed to you; print this out and attach to the outside of your parcel.
- Drop the parcel at your local Parcel Motel locker.
- Follow the instructions on the screen of the Locker.
- Once your parcel is successfully in a locker, you will be emailed and texted a confirmation; please maintain this as proof of return.
- More details can be found on Parcel Motel.com
- Is there anything I can't return via Parcel Motel?
You can return most products by Parcel Motel excluding the following which must be returned via courier. Click on the product type below to view further courier information:
• Please see A-Z guide below for all excluded brands. To return any of these items please follow the instructions on your delivery note.Alan Hannah Devoted Anne Klein Ariella Aynsley ChinaBelleek Living Ben Sherman Suits Benjamin Adams Betty Jackson Jewellery Binky Birkenstock Blowfish Butterfly by Matthew Williamson JewelleryCamper Carvela Carvela Comfort Centaur Big & Tall Clean Heels ConverseDash Dolcis DunlopEarth Spirit EastexFrank WrightGalway Crystal Galway Living Gola Goodwin SmithHammond & Co Hi Tec Hot SquashJ by Jasper Conran Suits Jacques Vert Jasper Conran Jewellery Jeff Banks Jessica Joe Browns Jon RichardKaliko Karl Jackson KG Kurt Geiger Kurt Geiger HandbagsLipstick Boutique Lipsy Footwear Lonsdale Lorna Jane Lotus Lotus Since 1759 Lotus SlippersMephisto Miss KG MoodNaturalizer Nine West No.1 Jenny Packham Jewellery NorvicOccasions Oh My LovePhase Eight Phase Eight clearance Pierre Cardin Pink by Paradox London Piscador Planet Precis Principles by Ben de Lisi JewelleryQuizRacing Green Menswear Racing Green Suits Ravel Red Herring Jewellery Red Herring Suits RosieScott & Taylor Selected Homme Sistaglam Solea Studio 8 Studio by Jeff Banks Shirts & Ties Studio by Jeff Banks SuitsThe Collection The Collection Jewellery Thomas Nash Tog 24 Travel Blue TrippUttam Boutique Uttam KidsVince CamutoWindsmoorYumi Yumi Curves Yumi GirlZaxy
- How do I return by collection service?
Our collection service is currently only available for Tripp Luggage returns. To arrange a collection, please call Tripp Customer Services.
Telephone us: 1 800 818 624
Lines are open: Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 6.30pm, Friday 8.30 to 5.30pm, Saturday & Sunday closed
- What products are excluded from the returns and refunds policy?
Please check the individual product page(s) to confirm whether your item is eligible for return.
We are unable to offer an exchange or refund on the below products, unless they are mis-described or faulty:
- Gift experiences.
- Custom made and altered items.
We are also unable to offer an exchange or refund on orders where the product was damaged following acceptance on your behalf by the below location types:
- Freight forwarding companies.
- Storage and relocation companies
Unfortunately for health and hygiene reasons we are unable to exchange or refund the following products:
- Once the original packaging has been opened, Cosmetics/fragrance unless faulty.
- Unless faulty pierced earrings and other pierced body jewellery.
- Once the original packaging has been opened or damaged, duvets, pillows and bed spreads unless faulty.
- Unless faulty, gift food containing alcohol or any other products containing alcohol.
- Unless the hygiene strips and tags are still in place and packaging remains undamaged, swimwear
- Unless tags are still in place and packaging remains undamaged, underwear/lingerie, control wear and hosiery
We are also unable to refund the following products:
- All multi-retailer brands including cosmetic brands can be sold elsewhere. Therefore when being returned without proof of purchase the item needs to be clearly identified as being Debenhams stock. An exchange or gift card will then be offered at the current or last price
- Gift cards cannot be refunded
This policy does not affect your statutory rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods or your right to cancel orders under the consumer protection (distance selling) regulations further details of which are available from the local trading standard department or citizen's advice bureau.
Debenhams free 2 year lighting guarantee
- This guarantee applies to Debenhams brands only (Debenhams, Home Collection, Home Collection Basics and all Designers at Debenhams). Please see individual product information which detail the items available with a 2 year guarantee.
- This guarantee excludes concession brands. ‘Kids Lighting’ and ‘Light bulbs’ categories are also excluded.
- Please retain proof of purchase and contact your local store or contact our customer helpline on 0818 784 877.
- The guarantee will not cover:
• Accidental damage (e.g. If the product has been dropped).
• If the product has been used within a commercial/business environment.
• Cosmetic damage during use (e.g. scratches, marks, dents).
• Any loss encountered as a result of not being able to use the product (including indirect or consequential loss), or any loss over and above the purchase price of the original item.
• Cleaning inspecting or servicing of the product.
• Failure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and/or installation guidelines.
• Intentional damage, misuse or neglect of the product.
• Any defect in, or failure of, the electrical supply to the product.
• Any defect of, or caused by, parts not supplied by Debenhams.
• Normal wear and tear resulting from product use and exposure to the elements.
• Any modification, adjustment, repair, disassembly or maintenance performed by any party other than Debenhams or its approved subcontractors.
• Damage due to any other cause which does not result from a defect in materials and workmanship.
• Any additional consumables such as light bulbs, batteries etc.
• LED products (except integrated LED lights) (e.g. LED bulbs, Solar powered LED, Novelty LED, Battery-operated LED products etc.).
• Goods bought and used outside the UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Republic of Ireland.
- How do I return furniture?
To book a courier for collection - call our Customer Services team on 0818 784 8877.
For items where unwrapping and assembly is not carried out in your home by our delivery agent please ensure the returned goods are repackaged in their original packaging.
Until the collection has taken place you will be required to keep the item in the same condition in which it was delivered.
The refund will be processed once goods have been collected. However, a collection charge will also be applied as detailed in the “Furniture Returns Policy”. Please allow 14 days for the refund to be credited to your account.
- Can I get a refund on my Travel Insurance?
Debenhams is happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 14 days after you have received your activation email. Your refund will be credited to the original payment card, if you have used a Debenhams gift card your refund will automatically be credited to the original gift card. If you no longer have the original gift card please contact our customer services team.
- What are my rights under the Consumer Rights Directive 2011/83/EU?
If you buy goods under a distance contract (including, for example, by phone or online but excluding any goods bought in store), under the Consumer Rights Directive 2011/83/EU, you have up to 14 calendar days after you have received your delivery to cancel your order (other than in respect of goods made to your specification, clearly personalised or unsealed audio or video recording or computer software if you remove the seal, newspapers, periodicals or magazines or goods which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly). If you buy multiple goods as part of one order which are delivered to you on different days, your cancellation period will end fourteen days after the day on which you or your nominee receive the last item of your order. Any delivery charges will be refunded. However, unfortunately we are unable to refund delivery charges for part cancellations or returns.
If we do not resolve your complaint internally to your satisfaction, you may refer it to an alternative complaints body which is competent to deal with consumer complaints, should you wish to use such a scheme. Alternatively you can use the Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) site which is an online, interactive portal for consumer complaints relating to online purchases only, which can be accessed via: www.ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.
- Cosmetics/fragrance once the original packaging has been opened, unless faulty.
- Pierced earrings and other pierced body jewellery unless faulty.
- Quilts, duvets, pillows and mattresses, no exchange or refund once the original packaging has been opened or damaged unless faulty.
- Gift food and products containing alcohol, no exchange or refund, unless faulty.
- Underwear/lingerie, control wear, hosiery and swimwear, no exchange or refund unless the hygiene strips and tags are still in place and packaging remains unopened and undamaged unless faulty.
- Hats and hair accessories unless tags are still in place and packaging remains unopened and undamaged unless faulty.
- No exchange or refund on grounds of Health & Safety unless faulty or purple barb in place.
- THIS POLICY DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS RELATING TO FAULTY OR MISDESCRIBED GOODS OR YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL ORDERS UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION (DISTANCE SELLING) REGULATIONS, FURTHER DETAILS OF WHICH ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE LOCAL TRADING STANDARD DEPARTMENT OR CITIZENS ADVICE BUREAU.